Sun Dried lndian Cloves FREE FROM CHEMICALS and COLORS
Cloves are aromatic flower buds of a tropical tree. For centuries cloves have been used both as spice and a medicine in India. Clove has anti-oxidant, hepato-protective, anti microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. Sun dried Indian cloves introduced in India in 1800 by East India Company in it’s whole or in ground form are mainly used for culinary purposes and as a flavoring agent in food industry. It’s flavor blends well with both sweet and savory dishes.The anti-septic and anti-biotic properties of Indian clove oil are used in dentistry. Commercially, it is used in mouth-washes, tooth paste, soaps and perfumes.
Health benefits of cloves.
- Natural bad breath cure.
- Clove cleans tongue, palate and upper part of the throat of any bacteria or decaying matter and its strong aromatic qualities alter the smell within the mouth. Chewing clove or gargling with clove solution is the easiest way to keep the bad breath away.
- Improve Digestion: Clove promotes an increase in digestive enzymes as well as increases digestive motility, thus curbing of excess digestive gases, which can otherwise contribute to stomach bloating and flatulence. Cloves also relax the smooth lining of the gastrointestinal tract, thus alleviating vomiting, diarrhea and stomach ache.
- Control Diabetes: Eating cloves with meals decreases insulin resistance and enhances the effect of gastrointestinal hormones responsible for satiety and decreased gastric emptying rates.Cloves help insulin function more efficiently, thus requiring less insulin to get glucose into cells to provide energy. A study presented at Experimental Biology demonstrated that cloves boost insulin functioning and lower blood glucose levels along with reducing total cholesterol, Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) and triglycerides in people with type 2 diabetes. The study suggested that type-2 diabetics who consume 1 to 3 grams of cloves per day could control their glucose levels.
- Good Bone Health: The hydro-alcoholic extracts of cloves such as eugenol, flavones, isoflavones and flavonoids protect bone density and mineral content of bone, as well as increase the tensile strength of bones.Cloves contain bone-friendly nutrients like manganese (essential for synthesis of connective tissue in cartilage and bone), omega-3 fatty acid (increases calcium absorption, reduce bone loss and maintain mineral density), Vitamin C (boosts collagen production) and Vitamin K (regulates the activity of osteoclast cells).100 grams of ground clove provides 141.8 mcg of Vitamin K and 60.13 mg of manganese.
- Liver Protection: The high antioxidant content in cloves protect organs from the harmful effects of free radicals, particularly the liver. In the long run, metabolism increases free radical production while simultaneously decreasing the level of antioxidants in the liver. Cloves counteract those effects with its hepatoprotective properties.
- Improve Immune System: Cloves contain nutrients like Vitamin C and iron which boost immunity. However, the star ingredient that contributes towards immunity in clove is eugenol, which is effective against many harmful bacteria, fungus and viruses.The anti-viral and blood purification properties of clove reduce toxicity in blood and increase resistance against a multitude of diseases by stimulating antioxidant activity throughout the body, thus boosting the immune system.100 grams of ground clove provides 11.83 mg of iron.
- Anti-cancer and Antibacterial Properties: Research by scientists at the University of Minnesota, the University of Pittsburgh and China’s Capital Medical University demonstrated that clove extract halted the activity and growth of colon, breast, ovarian, and liver cancer cells.The germicidal properties of clove oil make it a very effective remedy for dental pain, toothache, sore gums and mouth ulcers.Clove oil treats respiratory ailments like bronchitis, colds, sinusitis and asthma because of its anti-inflammatory, expectorant and antibacterial properties.Inhaling clove oil in a vaporizer loosens mucus in the respiratory passages, improves breathing and treats congestion.The anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties of eugenol treat vaginal infections and athlete’s foot.
- Relieve Stress: Clove tea made with basil, cardamom and honey soothes the senses and relieves stress and muscle spasms. Clove oil massages are quite popular since they reduce mental exhaustion, fatigue, anxiety and tension due to their relaxing effect on the mind.
- Aphrodisiac: Cloves work as an aphrodisiac agent, increasing testosterone levels in men, improving sexual performance and preventing premature ejaculation. Research conducted by Biomed Central Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal confirmed that the ethanol content in cloves has a positive impact on libido.
- Healthy Skin: Topical application of clove oil removes acne due to its antimicrobial properties. For treating acne, clove oil must be added to a carrier oil in the ratio 1:10 (1 part clove oil, 10 parts carrier oil). This mixture must be applied with a cotton ball on the affected area.Clove oil exfoliates blemishes and scars making the skin appear clear and healthy.
Ayurvedic advisory: If your doctor permits, chewing 2-3 cloves a day may boost your male sex health.
For Good shelf life store in an air tight container at a cool, dry and dark place.
Nutritional Value per 100gms of Clove
Nutrients Amount %Daily Value
Vitamin B6 0.39mg 19.55%
Vitamin E 8.82mg 29.40%
Vitamin K 141.8mcg 177.25%
Riboflavin 0.22mg 12.94%
Iron 11.83mg –
Manganese 60.13mg –